(Twitter updates) Keao...

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 28, 2009

    Maternity: Kacie and the yummy oreos

    What: Kacie's Maternity sesion (joined by hubby, Clinton, and little man "L")
    When: a Saturday afternoon in June
    Where: Kalama Beach Park

    So, Kacie's session was actually a few weeks ago so she has been patiently waiting for her pictures. The wait is finally over. I aim to do maternity shoots between the 32nd and the 36th week of a woman's pregnancy. You'll get the nice baby bump but you dont' want to be too close to the end, where you may be a little more uncomfortable or...the baby might make a surprise entrance before we can get those pictures. So we had to squeeze the session into June. She brought her hubby, Clinton, and their little manly "L" to the family maternity session at Kalama Beach Park. It was a location they chose because of it's meaning and special significance, the place where Clinton proposed to Kacie and set in motion the journey their family would take together.

    This was also a Joy and Light production, I was joined by another photographer, Joy Pishcura. She literally had returned to Oahu just three days earlier after being with family in Ohio for six months. I had a sprained ankle so I was hopping around the beach and so I wanted that pair of second eyes there. It was a full car because my hubby decided he wanted to go to the beach and he brought along his friend, Jasen. Don't get me wrong, I love company...if I had any complaint...it would be that when I had a shot lined up with Clinton and Kacie in a sandy pathway under trees with the sand and ocean stretching behind them....there rising out of the seas like King Triton was my husband in his bright yellow surf shorts. His only response to my frantic arm waves motioning for him to move out of the frame was "What? You don't own the beach." Oh, that's my Scott.

    Little "L" is...hmmm...I think he's two. He had just come from another party and was crashed out. Then he woke up to find himself at the beach with Auntie Keao chasing him around with a camera...he was more interested in playing. So we let him play. He actually found a dollar bill just digging in the sand and then he found a lone, unclaimed boogeyboard on the beach. His dad, clinton, wisely advised him to leave it there so that everybody else would get to use it.

    Thanks so much to Kacie for letting us in on their family day at the beach. Kacie is our women's worship leader at our church and we've sung together so many times. She's an absolute sweetheart. Her hubby, Clinton, is also an uber-talented musician. He played the drums with my husband's band at our wedding and he also has a T-shirt design company, No Idols. They, of course by the pictures, have an adorable little boy "L", and will be joined by their very much already-loved daughter at the end of this summer.

    Here's some of my faves from the day:

    Baby bump

    Kacie

    Blog storyboard 2

    He loves giving her flowers

    Blog storyboard 4

    Family portrait

    'Little

    Blog storyboard 3

    Blog storyboard

    I love this picture
    Blog storyboard 5

    Father and son

    'Little


    blog storyboard 6
    To view these images and the rest of the session, please visit http://www.keaosphotography.instaproofs.com/.

    And by special request (so you know i don't make up these stories), here's a little gem of the stud in the yellow surf shorts.

    Whos the stud

    Don't be jealous, he's mine!!!

    1 comments:

    Unknown June 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

    We are so pleased with your joy and light photography!!! We already have our favorites and will start our orders soon! Much MAHALOS to Keao and Joy for your time and keen eye in capturing this moment of our journey! Our Ohana was comfortable and open throughout our session...maybe too comfortable, due to our son lil "L" jumping in the water at Kalama Beach. What can we say...he keeps us on our toes! Just giving a shot out for your amazing photography...we will never forget this moment in time because of Keao's Photography! Love, Aurio Ohana

    About This Blog

    Affordable, natural-light children and wedding photography on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. Check out my blog for examples of my work and to get to know me a little more. I've been specializing in photography part-time for the past three years and I'm still blessed enough to consider it a self-fulfilling passion, and not a job. My husband gave me my first digital camera and I haven't looked back since then. He is a wedding officiant and pastor here on Oahu if you are looking for help on your special day.


    Music Player


      © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP